|Fine-Tooth Super Searcher|
How many times in a week do you need to find a file but don't have the time to sift through hundreds, maybe thousands of similarly named files. How many times in a day ? Sometimes, you may not even remember the name of the file.
That's when Fine-Tooth comes in hand. It does most of the grunt work for you, searching through the hordes of files on your system and delivering just the handful that you need.
What's so great about Fine-Tooth ?
- In practice, both Fine-Tooth and Spotlight use some of the same processes to find your files. However, in contrast to what spotlight does, Fine-Tooth displays your search results in a neat Finder window without displaying any clunky application windows of its own.
- Fine-Tooth combs through your entire hard-drive (and attached volumes) using processes that your Mac is already capable of. However, it simplifies the process to a bare minimum which requires no extensive knowledge.
- It's a simple minimalist and lightweight application: Open, Search and you're done! Fine-Tooth even closes itself on its own for your convenience
- As opposed to other search applications, Fine-Tooth simply uses your Mac's existing processes to find your applications and hence neither requires a complicated set-up nor does it ask you to select what to index.
- Allows you to search by file name, kind, date added / modified and even where it was downloaded from.
Instructions regarding its usage:
- When you open Fine-Tooth, you'll see a window asking you to choose how you would like to search: by file type, date or where from it was downloaded. Simply select one and type in the required.
- Then type in the name or part of the name of the file. Leave blank if you want to see all results which fit the desired criteria.
Requirement: Mac OS X
File Size: 117 KB
Developer: Shiv Sakhuja (CYM)