What is the iPad ? The iPad is a revolutionary tablet device meant for everyone. It changed the face of tablet computing entirely and it was the first multi touch tablet device. Needless to say, it was EXTREMELY popular and had sold 2 million units by the first 60 days; 3 million by 80 days.
What is iPad 2 ? The iPad 2 is an unbelievably thin and light... "upgrade" to the iPad. What's for better and what's worse ?... You're about to find out.
1. Apple A5 Processor - Twice as fast as iPad ( 1st generation )
2. 33% Thinner and 15% lighter than 1st generation iPad. It is now 0.34 inches (8.8 mm ) thick and weighs 1.33 pounds ( 601g)
3. Two Camera's - One at the back and one in front.
4. High Quality Facetime - Video Calling.
5. Photo Booth - Camera with great effects.
6. Nine times better Graphics Performance.
7. Smart covers are awesome
8. iOS 4 - All the features including AirPlay, AirPrint, Home Sharing, Multitasking and an App Store with over 300,000 apps compatible with iPad.
9. Accelerometer - With the three axis gyroscope, its motion sensing capabilities are all the better.
10. LED Backlit IPS Display is just amazing and all this at the same price as the first generation iPad
1. Cameras are low-res for still images ( about 0.7 mega pixels )
2. Screen resolution hasn't changed.
3. Old iPad case felt better but will not fit on iPad 2.
4. Accessories are costlier
5. No revolutionary changes.
Should I buy the iPad 2 ?
In my personal opinion, You shouldn't buy the iPad 2 if you already have the iPad. As much as I am fascinated and awestruck by Apple's latest release, there are no mind-blowing changes which would make me want to replace my iPad for the iPad 2. On the other hand, If you do not have the iPad, then I feel that the iPad 2 is a wonderful device with many plus sides and few downsides. And for the price Apple is offering this genial idea, it's a fair buy.